Leading SAFe® 5.0
Get to know the framework and learn how to work effectively with agile scalingShare this page Print
In a world with rapid and constant change, agile principles are gaining importance in an increasing number of businesses. SAFe® or Scaled Agile Framework is an acknowledged framework for lean-agile product development in organisations, where several teams work from a shared cadence.
On the course Leading SAFe® you learn how to lead agile transformations in your organisation. You will get a thorough introduction to the SAFe® framework, which prepares you to work effectively with agile scaling. SAFe 5.0 is the newest version with few alterations from SAFe 4.6.
With a starting point in the SAFe® framework, you will learn how to scale the agile practice from the team to the programme and across the entire organisation. With this, you will be able to deliver quicker and better results.
What is SAFe?
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a scalable frame, which helps organisations deliver products and solutions with the highest quality and business value.
The goal is to create value in the most effective way possible with a long-term perspective. The SAFe frame synchronises the collaborations across several agile teams, ensuring that every team delivers into the same entity.
SAFe contributes to:
- Improved agility (also in larger organisations)
- Acceleration of productivity
- Shorter time-to-market
- Better quality
- Increased involvement of the employees and stakeholders
SAFe can be adjusted to the needs and the situation of the organisation. SAFe can support smaller businesses with 50-100 employees but can similarly scale up to larger and more complex organisations with several thousand employees.
On the course, you will work with:
- How lean-agile development differs from more traditional project methods.
- How SAFe provides a shared framework for the entire organisation. This extends from portfolio management over programme management to execution with several agile teams.
- How to organise value streams (all activities and steps that are a part of the solution for the customer) in “Agile Release Trains” also called ART – and deliver value, that will simultaneously ensure satisfied customers.
- How several teams can work together in an Agile Release Train (ART) to solve a shared and transverse task – with a focus on planning and flow in numerous levels
- How you can become the driving force in working agile in larger and scaled programs
Who can participate?
The course Leading SAFe® is for anyone wanting an introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework, SAFe®.
Your role might be a change agent or leader and you have to implement or drive an agile transformation.
Perhaps you are working with agile programs or portfolios as a result of your role as Scrum Master, Product Owner, Product Manager, or as project manager. Or maybe you are part of a PMO.
If you are a leader in a business unit or an IT-organisation, that works with innovation, then this course is relevant for you too.
Benefits for you
- Help scale agile development in your organisation
- Understanding the SAFe® framework and its optimal use in your organisation
- Form a general overview of your portfolios and the derived agile development initiatives
- Navigating around the most common pitfalls of agile scaling
- Adapting the framework to fit your organisation and context
- Support a lean-agile-transformation in your organisation
Benefits for your company
- Scaling the lean and agile development for the entire business
- Support and implement ”Agile Release Trains” (ARTs)
- Coordinate large value streams
- Leading a lean and agile portfolio
- Supporting an organisation with a shared process model
You can safely attend our courses
The assembly ban of maximum 10 people in Denmark does not apply to meetings and other events where participants are “primarily seated”. Therefore, we continue to host all courses, educations, and the like.
We carefully follow the authorities’ recommendations regarding COVID-19 and we have implemented the following measures:
- The classes take place in large rooms with a minimum distance of 1 meter between each chair
- The classroom is thoroughly cleaned
- Everyone must wear a mask when not seated
- Everyone must regularly wash hands and use hand sanitizer
- Lunch will be served in individual portions
Our guidelines were last updated on October 26, 2020. Read more about the guidelines here.
The price includes:
Before the course
- Preparation material such as articles and videos, that you will need to read and watch before participating
- Information on how to prepare for the exam
- Information on the SAFe®Agilist certification
During the course
- The course will consist of a combination of theory and practical exercises in the SAFe framework version 5.0
- On the course you will take an active role participating in several practical exercises
After the course
- Course certificate
- You will receive all presentations from the course, course material, posters and guidance for the final SAFe® certification.
Leading SAFe® 5.0 is a two-day course including lunch on the course location.
The course will run over to consecutive days from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Certification: SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
The SAFe ’Exam’ must be taken within 30 days after the last course day. This course includes one exam attempt. Any additional attempts must be obtained with Scaled Agile.
The examination is in English and the format is a time-limited online test with multiple choice questions. Assistive material or devices are not allowed.
The exam will be accessible on the SAFe Community Platform, and you will receive a login on the last course day.
As preparation for the exam, you will need to pass a test. The test is similar to the final exam, and you have unlimited attempts to pass. The test is meant to ensure that you will pass the final exam.
Both the test and the final exam have 45 questions, which are to be answered within 90 minutes.
Agile Transformation Coach, CSP and SAFe Consultant, Finn Leander, is instructor on the course. Finn has more than 15 years of experience with Lean-Agile transformations from larger companies within the financial sector including Danske Bank, Realkredit Danmark, Danica Pension, Fokus Bank (Norway), Northern Bank (Northen Ireland), National Irish Bank (Ireland), Sampo Bank (Finland) and Östgöta Enskilda Bank (Sweden). Besides this, Finn has facilitated agile workshops in Lithuania and distributed teams in India as well as agile processes in BEC, Topdanmark, Aarhus U, Jyske Bank and Nordea.
He has over 10 years of experience as an Agile Transformation Coach & Trainer. Finn has worked with Scrum, Kanban and Enterprise Business Agility, and has in recent years worked with LeSS and SAFe® as well.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as wether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you wish to work focused on your development as e.g. a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme or education with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.