Leading without formal authority
Rise to the challenge
One of the greatest challenges facing modern leaders is how to motivate others when you do not have formal line responsibility. This course will show you the essential elements for achieving success in a position where you have a high level of responsibility, but no formal authority over the resources that are needed to help achieve results in your organisation.
You will also gain an understanding of the complexity of the role and acquire the tools to achieve success through informal leadership in your organisation.
Who takes part?
The course is relevant to anyone who has cross-organisational responsibilities while lacking formal management authority over the people who work ‘for’ them. This could include project managers, project staff, product managers, marketing managers, organisational consultants, HR consultants, etc.
This course can be taken as a stand-alone course or together with Communication with stakeholders, Change management, Business value creation or as a stand-alone course.
On the course you will work on:
- The importance of your own role and behaviour as an informal leader
- How to manage across the organisation
- How to develop a well-functioning team
- Creating leverage and gaining influence
- Ensuring clear and constructive communication
Benefits for you
- Insight into the essential elements to achieving success as an informal leader
- Tools to help you function better as an informal leader
- Insight and training in communication competencies
- The ability to acquire greater influence
- Success as an informal leader
Benefits for your company
- An informal leader with greater leverage and the will to influence others
- Efficient decision-making processes and prioritisations
- A person with the ability to communicate clearly and constructively in the organisation
- Optimised interdisciplinary collaboration across projects and teams
The price includes:
During the course
- 3 training days
- Meals and refreshments
- Course material with relevant theory
After the course
- Course certificate
Practical learning method
The course takes place over two consecutive, intensive training days. The training centres on your own experiences and reflections and how these relate to the theory. You will have ongoing opportunity for personal development, as throughout the course you will receive feedback and sparring from both your fellow course participants and the facilitator.
After the course there is a follow-up day to give you the opportunity to reflect on your own practices and approaches, exchanging experiences with fellow course participants and building upon the tools you have learned. This is to help ensure that your new competencies are both strengthened and retained.
During the programme you will meet experienced consultants and facilitators from Mannaz.