Rise to the challenge
One of the greatest challenges facing modern leaders is how to motivate others when you don’t have formal line responsibility. This course, informal leadership will show you the essential elements to succeed when you have a high level of responsibility, but no formal authority in your organisation.
You will also gain an understanding of the complexity of the role being an informal leader and acquire tools and techniques that can help you succeed through informal leadership in your organisation.
Benefits for you
- insight into the essentials needed to succeed as an informal leader
- tools to help you function better as a leader without formal authority
- insight and training in communication competencies
- the ability to gain greater influence across the organisation
- informally lead people with impact
Benefits for your company
- an informal leader with greater impact and the will to influence others
- commitment to lead self and others without formal responsibility
- ability to communicate clearly and constructively with key stakeholders
- optimised interdisciplinary collaboration across projects and teams
Who takes part?
This course is relevant to anyone who has responsibilities across the organisation, while lacking formal management authority over the people who work ‘for’ them. This could include project managers, project staff, product managers, marketing managers, organisational consultants and HR consultants.
Though this can be taken as stand alone course, it works well in combination with Communication with stakeholders, Change management and Business value creation.
During the course you will work on:
- Work on your own role and behaviour as an informal leader
- Learn how to create followship as a leader without formal authority
- Develop capability to influence across the organisation
- Learn how to communicate with impact
- Practice key skills and tools to gain further impact in your role
The price includes
During the course
- 3 training days
- meals and refreshments
- course material with relevant theory
After the course
- course certificate
Practical learning method
The course takes place over 2 consecutive, intensive training days. The training centres on your own experiences and reflections and how these relate to the theory. You will have ongoing opportunity for personal development, as throughout the course you will receive feedback and sparring from both your fellow course participants and the facilitator.
A follow-up day after the course gives you the opportunity to reflect on your own practices and approaches, exchange experiences with fellow course participants, and build upon the tools you have gained. This is to help ensure that your new competencies are both practically useful and sustainable in your role.
Kari Johannsen holds a Master of Science in Global Leadership from Goldsmiths University of London and is a Certified Executive Coach through IECL.
Kari has a strong academic and professional background within leadership and culture change. Having worked, lived and studied in four different countries she has acquired extensive international knowledge and experience about the foundations for a high-trust, high performing organisation. She’s driven by the mission of helping leaders – with or without authority – to build and sustain a dynamic and thriving workforce by capitalising the right behaviours and leadership capabilities.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as whether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you want to focus on your development as, for example, a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, programmes and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.