SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master strengthens the interdisciplinary team collaboration and develops the leadership role in the Scrum Master function.
On the course SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master you learn to facilitate several teams in a so-called Agile Release Train (ART), where all teams synchronise towards a shared objective to obtain maximum value.
Since SAFe® is framework for facilitating and coordinating several agile teams within a business area or organisation, you must be able to create value at a team, programme, and organisational level.
As a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master you help expand Scrum from scaled development and DevOps principles, apply Kanban to improve flows, and bring System Architects and product management into play.
This course also gives you tools to build the foundations of a high-performing team, while addressing agile and Scrum ‘anti-patterns’.
If you’re not sure whether this is the right course for you, talk to one of our experts or read more about the Scrum-method.
Who can participate?
While this course is open to all, it’s particularly aimed at existing Scrum Masters seeking to expand the ‘leader role’.
The course is also relevant for:
- Existing Scrum Masters who’d like to learn how to work optimally in a SAFe® based or inspired organisation.
- Team leaders, who would like to understand Scrum and apply SAFe® in the team.
- Project managers, who want to understand Scrum or SAFe® and implement it in their work.
- SAFe® Release Train-developers and team members, who want to gain insight into the ’advanced’ Scrum Master role in a scaled context.
On the course, you’ll learn about:
- SAFe® Scrum Master, other ART roles and their interaction
- Backlogs, Epics, Features and User Stories
- Planning and execution of iterations
- Developing the ‘Agile Team’ and leadership in the Scrum Master Role
- PI Planning and Agile Release Train (ART)
- Collaboration with Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- Delivering continuous value
Benefits for you
- Become an advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- Apply SAFe® with starting point in Lean-agile principles and values
- Learn to lead Scrum and agile teams in a SAFe® organisation
- Fulfil the role of Scrum Master for your entire organisation
- Facilitate the collaboration of several teams with ®Program Increments (PI)
- Learn how to facilitate the development of ‘high-performing teams’
Benefits for your company
- Maximum outcome of product development roles with SAFe®
- A better foundation for creating innovation and value in a SAFe® organisation
- Best possible facilitation of agile teams and Program Increments (PI)
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) runs over 2 continuous days from 9-5.
The course is a combination of theory and exercises in the SAFe-framework version 5.0 (SAFe® 5.0 is the newest version with few alterations from SAFe® 4.6). The ‘training from the back of the room’ learning principles mean you’ll play an active role and take part in many practical exercises.
Certification: SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) Exam
The SAFe Exam must be completed within 30 days of the final day of the course. The course includes one exam attempt. Further attempts can be acquired through Scaled Agile.
The exam is in English. It is designed as a multiple choice and is a web-based so-called ‘closed book and time limited certification’.
The exam becomes accessible through the SAFe Community Platform. You receive a login on the final day of your course. As preparation for the final exam, you must pass a test exam. This is very similar to the final exam, and can be taken continuously until passed. This will indicate whether you are ready to take and pass the final exam.
Both the test and final exams have 60 questions, which should be answered within 120 minutes.
The pass mark is 42 out of 60 questions (70%).
The price includes
Before the course
- Free access to the e-learning module “Good learning”, which helps you get the most out of the course before, during and after your participation.
- Advice via email on how to prepare for the course, which articles and videos to read and review, and how you can prepare for the exam. There’ll also be information about the test and SAFe® 5.0 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification.
During the course
- 2 course days
- All meals (for face-to-face courses)
- Course materials via My Mannaz
After the course
- Course certificate
- Mail with instructions regarding the final SAFe® certification.
On the course, you will meet one of the following consultants:
Agile Transformation Coach, CSP and SAFe Consultant, Finn Leander, is an instructor on the course. Finn has more than 15 years experience with Lean-Agile transformations from larger companies within the financial sector including Danske Bank, Realkredit Danmark, Danica Pension, Fokus Bank (Norway), Northern Bank (Northen Ireland), National Irish Bank (Ireland), Sampo Bank (Finland) and Östgöta Enskilda Bank (Sweden). Besides this, Finn has facilitated agile workshops in Lithuania and distributed teams in India as well as agile processes in BEC, Topdanmark, Aarhus U, Jyske Bank and Nordea.
He has over 10 years of experience as an Agile Transformation Coach & Trainer. Finn has worked with Scrum, Kanban and Enterprise Business Agility, and in recent years has also worked with LeSS and SAFe®.
Thommas Grauballe Ottsen
Thommas Grauballe Ottsen is an accredited trainer in Scrum, PRINCE2® and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), as well as certified in Professional Agile Leadership (PAL I), IPMA B senior Project Manager and SAFe® Program Consultant.
Thommas has over 20 years experience in management and project management in both traditional and agile methods. He has worked with product development, production maturation, and process optimisation, as well as organisational changes in relation to both physical products and software development.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as whether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you want to focus on your development as, for example, a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme or education with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.