Become a strong future project manager
PRINCE2® Practitioner will build on your management training in PRINCE2® Foundation. You’ll be certified as a ‘Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner’ once you’ve passed the exam. As well as preparing you for the PRINCE2® exam, the course will expand your project management skills. We’ll review the theory using a variety of learning methods.
You’ll practice using the method and answering exam questions, individually and in groups. If you want to make the most of the PRINCE2® method, this course is for you.
PRINCE2® is a best practice project management method that ensures that project organisation is set from the beginning of a project. It also ensures the roles and responsibilities of the management team are decided and visible. PRINCE2® has a process model at its core, the purpose of which is to ensure the project delivers the expected commercial outcome
Get a more thorough introduction to the PRINCE2®-method here (in Danish).
Benefits for you
- Training in practical use of the PRINCE2® method
- Training and feedback on Practitioner exam questions
- The official PRINCE2® Practitioner examination
Benefits for your company
- A project manager with examined competences in PRINCE2® Practitioner
- Projects based on the PRINCE2® method
- Flawless projects that increase business success
Read more and learn how investing in project management can secure the future of your businessRead the article
Who takes part?
Project managers working on projects conducted according to the PRINCE2® method, or project managers who collaborate closely with clients or suppliers who use the method. You must have solid knowledge of the PRINCE2® method and either have passed the Foundation exam or be IPMA® A-, B-, C- or D-certified or PMI® PMP- or CAPM-certified.
This course is for you if you:
- want to be examined as a ‘Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner’, to enable you to apply the method fully.
- passed the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam more than 3 years ago and want to keep your status as Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner.
On the course you will work on:
- A brief recap of the processes and components of PRINCE2® Training
- Implementing the method on different project scenarios
- Risk management
- Product-based planning
- Change management
- Configuration management
- Tips and advice for the exam
The price includes
Before the course
- 10—30 hours of pre-course work (reading the PRINCE2® manual and taking a test exam)
- Concrete instructions on how to best prepare for the course
During the course
- Two course days
- One facilitator
- Log for your personal notes
- All meals (for face-to-face courses)
- Course material
- Access to MyProject (in danish) – the Project Manager’s virtual toolbox
After the course
- The official PRINCE2® Practitioner examination (online with PeopleCert)
- Official PRINCE2® Practitioner certificate (upon passed exam)
- Letter of course attendance (on demand)
The course is held either with physical attendance or as a virtual course – it depends on the selected course date.
Preparation before course start
You should plan to spend 10—30 hours of preparation reading and solving assignments. You will receive the pre-course material 2—3 weeks prior to course start.
It is important that you prepare before the course starts in order to get the most out of it. The individual assignments, which you complete in the evenings between course days, are an important part of preparing to pass the exam.
If you have not passed the official PRINCE2® Foundation examination, but are certified at IPMA® A-, B-, C- or D level or PMI® PMP- or CAPM level, you are required to fully master the PRINCE2® theory’s principles and processes in order to participate.
You can take the PRINCE2® Practitioner certificate if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (or higher)
- PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- Project Management Qualification® (PMQ)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)*
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®**
- IPMA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director)***
*‘PMQ’ is a registered mark of the Association for Project Management.
**’PMP and CAPM’ are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
***‘IPMA Level A/B/C/D’ are registered trademarks of the International Project Management Association.
The course runs over 2 consecutive days, and includes both preparation before the start of the course and evening work during the course itself.
During the course days, we will review the PRINCE2® theory ractice answering exam questions, individually and in groups.
We’ll use a variety of exciting learning methods to optimize your learning. As a crucial part of preparing to pass the exam, you’ll be given individual assignments that you need to complete in the evenings during the course.
Mannaz is an accredited PRINCE2® training organisation (ATO) approved by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS who administers PRINCE2®. All course materials are accredited by PeopleCert as well. The course and the exam will be conducted in English.
The content of the virtual course corresponds to the content of the physical course. It is merely the format and the practical implementation that differs.
The virtual course consists of 2 virtual course days. All sessions are held in Zoom or MS Teams.
At Mannaz, we have extensive experience with virtual learning, and the course is designed to ensure that you get the maximum benefit. We can therefore guarantee that you receive the same benefit as on a physical course.
Read more about virtual learning here.
About your exam
No matter if you are taking a physical or a virtual course, a PRINCE2® Practitioner exam has the following format:
- Multiple choice
- 68 questions, 1 point per right answer
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 68 available): approximately 55%
- 2 hours 30 mins (150 minutes in total) duration, if English is your native language
- 3 hours and 8 minutes (188 minutes) duration, if English is not your native language. No additional reading time.
You are allowed to use your PRINCE2®-manual, but no additional notes are allowed
Formulation, as well as the direction of the exam, is created by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS, who administrates PRINCE2®.
If you pass the exam, you will receive an electronic PRINCE2® Practitioner certificate directly from PeopleCert.
How to take your online exam
As of 1 February 2022, your PRINCE2® Practitioner exam is no longer part of the course days, but must be taken online on your own directly with the official exam provider, PeopleCert after the course.
You can choose the day and time of day that fits best in your calendar.
We will, of course, also send you a detailed description of what you need to be aware of in connection with your online exam.
Certification Expiry Date
Your PRINCE2® Practitioner certificate is valid for 3 years. To demonstrate your continued competence, you can:
- take the Practitioner exam again before the expiration date, or
- maintain your certification through CPD-points and a digital badge.
If you choose the CPD-route, you can purchase a subscription to My PRINCE2, which costs £ 50 +VAT every year. Here you must meet the following criteria within the 3-year period:
- Subscribe to My PRINCE2 within 3 months of passing your exam and remain subscribed for the 3-year period by renewing the subscription each year. One year’s subscription to My PRINCE2 is included with your PRINCE2 Practitioner certificate.
- Maintain your PRINCE2 digital badge. This will be awarded as part of My PRINCE2 for the 3-year period. You will need to record 20 CPD points each year, in the prescribed categories, for the badge to be extended on renewal.
If you satisfy these criteria, you’ll be issued a new certificate that is valid for a further 3 years.
On Mannaz PRINCE2®-courses, you will meet one of our experienced and competent PRINCE2® facilitators, who, through great presentation, variation and commitment, manages to make the subject interesting, vivid and relevant.
All facilitators are accredited by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS.
PMI®, PMP®, and PMBOK® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as whether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you want to focus on your development as, for example, a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, programmes and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.