PRINCE2® Certification Course
All you need to know about the PRINCE2® method. Find out what is best for you and how to book
All you need to know about PRINCE2®?
Studies have revealed the common reasons why projects fail, which, sad to say, happens all too often. PRINCE2® (or ‘Projects in Controlled Environments’) is a method that addresses these causes and so increases the chance of project success. Read about the 7 principles and 7 themes that are the foundation of PRINCE2®.
PRINCE2® is an internationally recognised project management model that is based on best practice and can be used in all types of projects. Certification in the PRINCE2® method provides strong proof of your skills.
Your ideal PRINCE2® course
PRINCE2® is relevant for all participants working with projects managed by the PRINCE2® method. You start with PRINCE2® Foundation, which is mandatory. The focus here is to understand the concept and principles. The next step is PRINCE2® Practitioner. Here you learn how to apply and master the principles. After this module, you will be able the use the principles on your own.
If your company uses agile methods, you should consider PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner.
Purchase these courses individually or, if you already know your needs and which principles your company works with, you can buy Prince2 Certification packages and get a discount. Read more
Mannaz training portfolio
PRINCE2® Certification Course
PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner
PRINCE2® Certification Course - Pack
PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner
With the PRINCE2® method, you will increase the success rate of your projects. Learn to plan, manage and carry out projects based on best practice. Earn your PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner certification.
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- PRINCE2® Practitioner
PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Agile Practitioner
Get one of the most recognized toolboxes for project management in an agile project environment with PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Agile Practitioner.
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner
Project Management 1 and PRINCE2® Foundation
Learn to manage projects and get the tools to complete projects with a combination of PRINCE2® Foundation and Project Management 1.
- Project Management 1
- PRINCE2® Foundation
Wherever you want to go, we’ll get you there.
Where PRINCE2® is the right choice
Private sector, public and non-governmental organisations recognise and use PRINCE2® as their method for managing projects. And there are several reasons why.
First, PRINCE2® provides a common language, up and down the organisation. The model provides clarity over roles and the distribution of responsibility in the project, and reduces the risk of tasks being dropped.
Another benefit of PRINCE2® is how it can be adapted to the specific circumstances of the organisation and be scaled in size and complexity depending on the projects.
How PRINCE2® is relevant to you
A PRINCE2® course is relevant for project managers who want to improve their project success rate. A few years’ project management experience is beneficial but not essential. You’ll get the most out of the course if your company specifically uses process-oriented project management that follows the PRINCE2® method.
The Mannaz Project Management Programme allows you to combine PRINCE2® Foundation with Project Management module 1. This combination is ideal for new project managers seeking tools and a best-practice method to follow.
Certification and examination
A PRINCE2® Practitioner or PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner certification must be renewed or re-certified every 3 years. A PRINCE2® Foundation certification is valid for life.
Mannaz is an accredited PRINCE2® training organisation (ATO), approved by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS. Instructors and materials are accredited by PeopleCert. Courses and exams are conducted in Danish and English.
PRINCE2® - a unique model for project management
PRINCE2® (projects in controlled environments) is a project management method that can be used in all types of projects, environments, and industries. The method is based on best practice.
PRINCE2® focuses on the management of a project itself, rather than the development of a project’s products. It contains a complete set of concepts and project management processes that are the minimum requirements for the correct implementation and management of a project.
Process with business impact
PRINCE2® method focuses on scaling processes to a particular project. Processes are the management activities carried out during the project.
The PRINCE2® process model ensures that project management is guided through all the processes necessary to ensure that the project delivers the result that provides the expected business outcome.
So, the cornerstone of the method is the business benefit. Without a business benefit, there is no reason to start or continue a project.
PRINCE2® describes a range of themes and principles used in these processes.
These components of the project environment ensure that the right aspects are taken care of at the right time. For example, the project risks and quality must be managed from the start to the end of a project. Other components include business case, organisation, plans, controls, configuration management, and change control.
Prince2® gives project managers a range of concrete tools to structure and manage a process based on 7 specific principles, which can be applied to projects, large and small:
- Continue business justification – the project must deliver benefits that justify its costs and resources.
- Learn from experience –the project team should learn from previous projects and apply that knowledge to the current project.
- Define roles and responsibilities – the roles and responsibilities of the project team members should be clearly defined.
- Manage by stages – the project should be divided into manageable stages, with defined objectives and deliverables for each stage.
- Manage by exception – the project should be monitored and controlled at a high level, with decision-making delegated to the appropriate level of the project team.
- Focus on products – the project should focus on delivering defined products, rather than just activities and tasks.
- Tailor to suit the project environment – the Prince2® methodology should be tailored to fit the specific needs and constraints of the project.
The 7 themes of PRINCE2®
- Business case – focuses on the justification for the project, including its benefits and costs
- Organisation – focuses on the structure and roles within the project team, as well as how the team will interact with stakeholders
- Quality – outlines how quality will be managed and controlled throughout the project.
- Plans – focuses on the development and maintenance of plans at all levels of the project.
- Risk – covers the identification, analysis, and management of risks throughout the project.
- Change – deals with how changes to the project will be planned, managed, and controlled.
- Progress – focuses on how the project’s progress will be monitored and controlled, including the use of milestones and other measures of success.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.