SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (6.0)
Strengthen your product development through Lean-Agile competencies. Includes certification.3 reviews Share Print
SAFe® Product Owner/PM enhances value creation
In this course, you learn how to act in the role of SAFe® Product Owner and how to write effective Epics, Features and User Stories.
Gain insight into how you can take part in an Agile Release Train (ART), and how to plan and execute iterations and strengthen deliveries with a general plan (PI Planning), and execute a Program Increment (PI).
This course provides you with models and tools that help you succeed in the role of Product Owner (PO) or Product Manager (PM). Learn how to implement SAFe® in an organisation, achieve coherence between the PO and PM roles and create business value as a link between clients and developers.
What is Scrum, and what is the difference between Scrum and SAFe®?
In short, agile is a way of working – a mindset – whereas Scrum is a framework that builds on agile principles and values. SAFe scales that frame and ensures that we can use Scrum on an enterprise level.
Who can participate?
Everyone is welcome, as the target audience for the course is very broad.
The course is particularly aimed at product managers, product owners, business owners, business analysts, product line managers, solution managers, portfolio managers, programme managers, employees in a PMO, as well as IT and systems architects.
On the course you will work with:
- SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager roles and interaction
- Agile Release Train (ART) and how it delivers value
- Backlogs, Epics, Features, and User Stories
- Cooperation with Lean Portfolio Management
- Planning and execution of Program Increment (PI)
- Deliver Continuous Value
Benefits for you
- Fulfilling the role as product owner and/or product manager
- Connecting SAFe®(Scaled Agile Framework) with Lean-Agile Principles and Values
- Identify value streams as a basis for delivering value
- Identifying key roles and areas of responsibility in SAFe®
- Participating in portfolio development with the implementation of Epics and Portfolio Kanban
- Creating and expanding Communities of Practice (CoPs)
Benefits for your company
- An employee who understands the roles surrounding product development with SAFe®
- A better foundation for creating innovation
- The best possible link between clients and the developing organisation
- Ensuring business value
The price includes:
Before the course
- You’ll receive an email on how to prepare before the course. This will include guidance on articles and videos to read, watch and review, and how to prepare for the exam. There’ll also be information about the test and SAFe® 5.1 PO/PM certification.
During the course
- The course offers a combination of theory and exercises using the most recent version of the SAFe framework
- You’ll experience learning principles from ‘Training from the back of the room’
- You’ll be an active participant and take part in several practical exercises during the course.
After the course
- Course certificate
- Certification should be completed within 30 days of the last course day. The course includes one attempt at certification. Any additional attempts should be acquired at Scaled Agile.
- Mannaz will forward presentations from the course, course materials, posters, and guidance regarding the final SAFe®-certification via email.
SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is a 2-day classroom-course, with lunch provided at the training venue.
The course runs over 2 continuous days, from 9 am to 5 pm.
Certification: SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
Certification: SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- The SAFe® exam should be taken within 30 days of the last course day.
- The course includes 1 attempt for certification. You can acquire additional attempts at Scaled Agile.
- The exam is in English and is multiple choice. It’s also a so-called web-based closed book, and has a time-limited certification.
- The test will be available through the SAFe Community Platform. You’ll receive your login for the platform on the final day of the course.
- A test exam should be passed as preparation for the final exam.
- The test exam is very similar to the final test and can be taken continuously until passed. This indicates whether you are ready to pass the final exam.
- Both the test and the final exam have 45 questions that must be answered within 90 minutes.
The score to pass is 35 out of 45 questions, or 77%
You will meet one of the following instructors on the course:
Agile Transformation Coach, CSP, and SAFe Consultant, Finn Leander, is an instructor on the course. Finn has more than 15 years of experience with Lean-Agile transformations from larger companies within the financial sector including Danske Bank, Realkredit Danmark, Danica Pension, Fokus Bank (Norway), Northern Bank (Northern Ireland), National Irish Bank (Ireland), Sampo Bank (Finland) and Östgöta Enskilda Bank (Sweden). Besides this, Finn has facilitated agile workshops in Lithuania and distributed teams in India as well as agile processes in BEC, Topdanmark, Aarhus U, Jyske Bank, and Nordea.
He has over 10 years of experience as an Agile Transformation coach and trainer. Finn has worked with Scrum, Kanban, and Enterprise Business Agility, and in recent years has also worked with LeSS and SAFe®.
Thommas Grauballe Ottsen
Thommas Grauballe Ottsen is an accredited trainer in Scrum, PRINCE2®, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), as well as certified in Professional Agile Leadership (PAL I), IPMA B senior project manager and SAFe® programme consultant.
Thommas has over 20 years of experience in management and project management in both traditional and agile methods. He has worked with product development, production maturation, and process optimisation, as well as organisational changes in relation to both physical products and software development.
PRINCE2® and PRINCE2 Agile® are registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.