PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner
Create profitable projects with a combination of PRINCE2® and agile project management methods.5 reviews Share Print
Expand our agile toolbox
PRINCE2 Agile® is the world’s most comprehensive collection of agile project management methods. It combines PRINCE2®’s clearly defined framework, which thousands of Danish project managers have enjoyed for years, with the agile world’s flexibility and unpretentiousness. This combination is very valuable for project managers, participants and organisations who wish to challenge and expand their application of PRINCE2® with agile tools.
PRINCE2® is sometimes mistaken as being documentation-heavy. PRINCE2 Agile® puts great emphasis on supporting project participants to avoid bureaucratic work within PRINCE2®’s framework. As a PRINCE2®-certified course participant, you will greatly expand your toolbox – whether or not your company has chosen to work in an agile way.
Who can participate?
This course is relevant for anyone who wishes to work in a more agile way with PRINCE2®. PRINCE2 Agile® provides an even more nuanced picture of how to apply PRINCE2® in projects.
A certain amount of knowledge of PRINCE2® is required for the course, so you should not participate if you have no knowledge of PRINCE2®. Agile experience is not a requirement, as we will go over agile methods and frameworks.
You can take the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certificate if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (or higher)
- PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- Project Management Qualification® (PMQ)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)*
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®**
- IPMA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director)***
**‘PMQ’ is a registered mark of the Association for Project Management.
**’PMP and CAPM’ are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
***‘IPMA Level A/B/C/D’ are registered trademarks of the International Project Management Association.
You will acquire in-depth knowledge of how agile tools like Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup can contribute positively to a project environment.
The course does not focus on any one of these methods, but rather uses the best techniques from various agile approaches. Hence, it is not a prerequisite for you to have worked with Scrum, Kanban or any of the other tools to benefit from PRINCE2 Agile®.
During the course you will be working with:
- Specific methods for working in an agile way with your PRINCE2® project
- Integration of the agile approach’s flexibility towards PRINCE2®’s comprehensive structure
- Exercises in agile tools that can be added to your projects from day one
- Agile tools such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup
On the last day of the course, you will sit the official PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner exam.
- Objective testing
- 50 questions each worth one mark
- 30 marks or more required to pass out of 50 questions: 60% pass mark
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, if English is your native language, 3 hours and 10 minutes (190 minutes) duration, if English is not your native language, no additional reading time
- Open book exam. Candidates may use the official printed hard copy of the PRINCE2 Agile® Guidance. The manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
Certification Expiry Date
The PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner certification will expire after 3 years.
In order to maintain your qualification and ensure there are no gaps in your Practitioner status, you can either retake the PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Exam before the expiry date or maintain your certification through CPD points and a digital badge.
If you choose to follow the CPD route you will need to purchase a subscription to MY PRINCE2 which costs £50 + VAT per year.
Hyper-agility and multi-speed business are concepts that leaders of the future must understand and apply to be able to deliver results in a world that is constantly changing.Read the article
The PRINCE2® method
PRINCE2® is a best-practice project management method, which ensures that the project organisation is in place from start and that management roles and responsibilities have been agreed upon and made visible.
The method consists of a process model that serves to guide the project management through all the processes required to ensure that the project delivers the result, which will generate the expected benefits from a business point of view.
Benefits of the PRINCE2® method:
- 86% felt that the PRINCE2® method has helped them in their current role
- 87% felt that PRINCE2® has been relevant and has made a difference in their career
- 74% could see the value of combining PRINCE2® with agile methods
- Agile methods and tools for your PRINCE2® projects with structure and flexibility
- Better communication and collaboration in your projects
- Certified competences within PRINCE2 Agile®
Your company’s benefits
- A project manager who is able to apply PRINCE2® more flexibly than before
- Quicker realisation of benefits as a result of the agile approach
- Better communication in projects due to the agile approach’s focus on collaboration
The price includes:
Before the course
- 30–50 hours of preparation (the PRINCE2 Agile® manual, preparational material, test exam etc. will be made accessible approx. 3-4 weeks prior to the course)
- Course material via MyMannaz
During the course
- Three days of facilitation
- One facilitator
- Log for your personal notes
- All meals (for face-to-face courses)
- Course material via My Mannaz
- The official PRINCE2 Agile® certification examination
- Access to MyProject (in Danish) – the Project Manager’s virtual toolbox
After the course
- Letter of course attendance (on demand)
- Official PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner certificate (upon passed exam)
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as whether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you want to focus on your development as, for example, a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, programmes and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.