Case: International Hi-Tech Company
Partnership for success: Organisational development through leadership readiness
The Company: an international hi-tech company
The company is a Scandinavian hi-tech company. The company has approximately 16,000 employees with the majority of R&D and production based in Sweden and sales and marketing dispersed across the world.
- To raise awareness of – and develop – leadership competences within the company at all levels.
- To ensure cost-effective programmes that match the culture, terminology and needs of the company – across borders.
- To ensure organisational adaptiveness to external factors as well as internal strategic development.
- “In-house academy” – a full life-cycle service and partnership for leadership development.
- Customised programmes for leadership development in connection with identified specific organisational challenges or changes.
- 2400+ leaders engaged in leadership training and activities within organisational development.
- Full integration of new business units – with common language, culture and identity.
- Organisation-wide knowledge of the strategic leadership challenges – and capacity to act on and work with these.
The Challenge: leadership awareness and competencies
Being a hi-tech company with business and offices all over the world – leadership awareness and organisational adaptiveness are crucial to succeed in a very competitive market. The challenge faced by the company was how to build cost-effective – as well as widely accessible – programmes and initiatives. Programmes that should be grounded in the company’s culture, business reality and terminology – and focus on both business acumen and personal development. In addition, these programmes needed to be adaptable to encompass cultural differences – both in terms to intercultural differences as well as to different business cultures within business units and acquired companies.
The Solution: a full life-cycle “leadership academy” partnership
Our services to the company are three-fold: One third of our activities are related to organisational development and management team development. Another third relates to training leadership readiness at all levels: leadership development and top talent programmes.
The final third, is a mix of the previous two (e.g. customised leadership development in connection to specific organisational challenges or changes).
With the leadership development programmes, we deliver a full life-cycle service – the “Leadership academy”. Our responsibility – in close collaboration and in partnership with the client – is to deliver leadership training matching current needs, ongoing strategic initiatives as well as leadership focus areas within the company -at all levels. Acting as the “in-house academy” we have access to the company’s LMS for programme module administration and use this platform to coordinate venues, resources, trainers and participants, we follow-up on the deliveries and measure impact.
The Impact: enabling leaders to act on strategy and business opportunities
Over 16 years Mannaz has developed almost 2400 unique leaders within the company. The developed competencies trained are strongly connected to the company’s identified strategic leadership challenges – which again are linked to strategic business challenges.
Mannaz is their close partner for organisational change and strategy implementation. Recently we operated behind the scenes to help with the integration of one of their newly acquired companies. We lead the work focusing on a common culture – enabling the company to execute the agreed strategy, develop a common identity and integrate the newly acquired company to the rest of the group.
Over 16 years Mannaz has developed almost
2400 unique leaders within the company