Coaching & Feedback
Coaching and feedback, delivered regularly and effectively, deepens self-awareness and catalyses growth. Yet all too often, organisations persist in the traditional performance management process where coaching and feedback is formalised and infrequent. The important question for managers is therefore ‘how can I ensure that development conversations are part of my daily repertoire?
Managers who know how to coach and give feedback create value for the organisation through improved engagement and retention levels. These managers also contribute to a learning organisation with a strong and sustainable pipeline of talent. When coaching and feedback skills become ‘second nature’, your impact as a manager, as well as the performance outcomes delivered through your team, significantly improves.
Brandon Hall Group’s 2015 State of Leadership Development Study found that ‘coaching’ was identified as the skill with the greatest gap in all leaders they studied. Furthermore, only 35% of employees would state that their managers coach them ‘very well’ or ‘fairly well’ on the job.(CIPD employee outlook 2017)
During this session, you’ll learn techniques to help add structure and clarity to feedback and coaching conversations. You will also practise these skills as well as benefit from being coached by your fellow participants.
An organisation that prioritises development, feedback and coaching stands a greater chance of engaging and retaining its people.
So how will your organisation:
- Balance the immediate need for results with the longer-term need of building capability?
- Create a culture where leaders offer coaching and support as part of the daily leadership interactions?
- Systematically build skills and competencies required for your business to achieve its strategic goals?
During this 1 day workshop, we’ll work with leaders to build their coaching and feedback skills. You will:
- Learn how to have higher quality conversations with your team members.
- Discuss what effective feedback sounds like and experience first-hand the impact of different kinds of
- Practise using a simple model of feedback.
- Experience the benefits of coaching first-hand during a ‘silent coaching’ exercise.
- Practise using established coaching techniques with your peers in our ‘Coaching Practise Labs’.
- Complete a coaching self-assessment questionnaire and generate a plan for continued coaching practise.
Building coaching and feedback skills can provide measureable outcomes for you and your organisation, including:
- Higher levels of engagement and retention.
- A stronger pipeline of ‘ready’ talent at all organisational levels.
- A stronger talent development process that includes more stretching and coherent development plans.
You are always welcome to contact us for advice on which course or programme will suit your needs the best.