SAFe® Scrum Master (5.0)
The SAFe® Scrum Master strengthens the teamwork and development across the organisationShare this page Print
Certified SAFe® 5.0 Scrum Master (SSM)
With a certification as SAFe® Scrum Master, you will be able to work as a Scrum Master in a SAFe® based organisation. SAFe Scrum Masters are essential assets for organisations or teams attempting to scale agile development and/or the implementation of SAFe® .
On the course “SAFe® Scrum Master” you will learn how to be a part of an Agile Release Train (ART), where several teams synchronise their work in order to reach a shared goal and gain as much value as possible.
As a certified SAFe® Scrum Master you will expand your field of responsibility with an insight into the other agile teams in the organisation, so you will be able to ensure collaboration across your organisation.
What does it mean to be a Scrum Master?
A Scrum master is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Scrum process throughout a project. As a Scrum-master, it is your job to maintain the scrum-frame and structure, and facilitate the process for the organisation, the product owners and the Scrum team.
SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) is a framework to facilitate and coordinate several agile teams within one organisation. As a SAFe Scrum Master, you will work with Scrum in a SAFe based organisation.
Who can participate?
Participation is open to everyone, but the course is particularly relevant for the new Scrum Masters, looking to get to know the role, or for existing Scrum Masters, who wants to learn how to optimally work in a SAFe based or inspired organisation.
The course is also relevant for team leaders or project managers, who want to understand Scrum and apply SAFe in their teams or projects.
The course is also meant for SAFe Release Train-developers and team members, who wish to gain insights in the new Scrum Master role in a scaled context.
On the course, you will work with:
- SAFe® Scrum Master, other ART (Agile Release Trains) roles, and their interaction
- Backlogs, Epics, Features, and User Stories
- Planning and execution of Iterations
- Development of the Agile Team
- PI Planning and Agile Release Train (ART)
- Cooperating with Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- Continuous value delivery (Delivering Continuous Value)
Benefits for you
- Performing in the role as Scrum Master (SSM) and applying SAFe® based on Lean-Agile Principles and Values
- Understanding Scrum and agile teams in a SAFe®organisation
- Fulfilling the role as Scrum Master in the entire organisation
- Facilitating the teamwork with SAFe® Program Increments (PI)
- Facilitating the development of ‘high-performing teams’
Benefits for your company
- Maximum outcome of the roles relating to product development with SAFe®
- Basis for creating innovation and value in a ‘SAFe®organisation’
- Optimal facilitation of agile teams and Program Increments (PI)
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /var/www/vhosts/mannaz.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/mannaz/functions.php on line 105
Attend our courses safely
You can attend all courses, training and workshops physically, in person, in smaller Covid-safe groups.
We’re following these measures to ensure your safety:
- There’ll be a maximum of 25 people in addition to the instructor at each course.
- Everyone must show a valid “Corona passport” – a negative Corona test that is a maximum of 72 hours old.
- Masks must be worn when moving outside the classroom.
- Courses take place in large classrooms with a minimum distance of 1 metre between each chair.
- Lunch is served in pre-prepared portions.
- The classroom is thoroughly cleaned.
Watch the video below (Danish video with English subtitles), where one of our instructors talks about the measures.
Our guidelines were last updated on May 6th 2021. Read more about our current guidelines for COVID-19
The price includes:
Before the course
- Preparation material for both the course and examination such as articles and videos, which should be viewed before starting the course. You will also receive information regarding the test and the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
During the course
- On the course you will receive relevant theory and practical exercises in the SAFe-framework version 5.0. SAFe® 5.0 is the newest version with few alterations from SAFe®4.6.
- On the course you will take an active role, participating in several practical exercises.
After the course
- Course certificate
- You will receive all presentations from the course, course material, posters, and instructions regarding the final SAFe®
SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) is a two-day course with all meals included, which will be served on the course location.
The course will run over two consecutive days from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Certification: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Exam
The SAFe ’Exam’ must be taken within 30 days after the last course day. This course includes one exam attempt. Any additional attempts must be obtained with Scaled Agile.
The examination is in English and the format is a time-limited online test with multiple choice questions. Assistive material or devices are not allowed. The exam will be accessible on the SAFe Community Platform, and you will receive a login on the last course day.
As preparation for the exam, you will need to pass a test. The test is similar to the final exam, and you have unlimited attempts to pass. The test is meant to ensure that you will pass the final exam. Both the test and the final exam have 45 questions, which are to be answered within 90 minutes.
Passing requires a minimum of 33 correct answers out of the 45 questions (73% of your answers has to be correct in order to pass).
Agile Transformation Coach, CSP and SAFe Consultant, Finn Leander is the course instructor. Finn has more than 15 years of experience with Lean-Agile transformations from larger companies within the financial sector including Danske Bank, Realkredit Danmark, Danica Pension, Fokus Bank (Norway), Northern Bank (Northen Ireland), National Irish Bank (Ireland), Sampo Bank (Finland) and Östgöta Enskilda Bank (Sweden). Besides this, Finn has facilitated agile workshops in Lithuania and distributed teams in India, as well as agile processes in BEC, Topdanmark, Aarhus U, Jyske Bank and Nordea.
He has over 10 years of experience as an Agile Transformation Coach & Trainer. Finn has worked with Scrum, Kanban and Enterprise Business Agility, and has in recent years worked with LeSS and SAFe® as well.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.