SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (5.1)
Strengthen your product development through Lean-Agile competencies. Includes certification.Share this page Print
SAFe® Product Owner/PM enhances value creation
In this course, you learn how to act in the role of SAFe® Product Owner and how to write proper ”Epics, Features and User Stories”. You gain insight into how you can take part in an ART (Agile Release Train), and how you plan and execute iterations and strengthen deliveries with a general plan (PI Planning) and execution of a “Program Increment” (PI).
The course provides you with models and tools that help you succeed in the role of Product Owner (PO) or Product Manager (PM). You learn how to implement SAFe® in an organization, achieve coherence between the PO and PM roles and create business value as a link between clients and developers.
You can choose whether you would like to attend the course physically or virtually depending on the course date. Read more about the two options here.
What is Scrum, and what is the difference between Scrum and SAFe®?
To put it briefly, Agile is a way of working – a mindset. Scrum is a framework that builds on Agile principles and values. SAFe scales that frame and ensures that we can use Scrum on an enterprise level.
Who can participate?
Everyone is welcome, as the target audience for the course is very broad.
The course is particularly aimed at product managers, product owners, business owners, business analysts, product line managers, solution managers, portfolio managers, programme managers, employees in a PMO as well as IT and systems architects.
On the course you will work with:
- SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager roles and interaction
- Agile Release Train (ART) and how it delivers value
- Backlogs, Epics, Features, and User Stories
- Cooperation with Lean Portfolio Management
- Planning and execution of Program Increment (PI)
- Deliver Continuous Value
Benefits for you
- Fulfilling the role as Product Owner and/or Product Manager
- Connecting SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) with Lean-Agile Principles and Values
- Identify value streams as a basis for delivering value
- Identifying key roles and areas of responsibility in SAFe®
- Participating in portfolio development with the implementation of Epics and ’Portfolio Kanban’
- Creating and expanding Communities of Practice (CoPs)
Benefits for your company
- An employee who understands the roles surrounding product development with SAFe®
- A better foundation for creating innovation
- The best possible link between clients and the developing organization
- Ensuring business value
The price includes:
Before the course
- You will receive an email on how to prepare before the course, which articles and videos to read and review, and how you can prepare for the exam. There’ll also be information about the test and SAFe® 5.1 PO/PM certification.
During the course
- The course is designed to be a combination of theory and de facto exercises in the SAFe framework – always in the current version.
- You will experience learning principles from ‘Training from the back of the room’.
- You will be an active participant during the course and take part in several practical exercises.
After the course
- Course certificate
- Certification should be completed within 30 days from the last course day. The course includes one attempt at certification. Potential additional attempts should be acquired at Scaled Agile.
- Mannaz will forward presentations from the course, course materials, posters, and guidance regarding the final SAFe®-certification via email.
The course is held with either physical attendance or as a virtual course – it depends on the selected course date. If there are no available virtual options in the overview, they will be there soon.
SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is a two-day “classroom”-course with catering for lunch at the venue.
The course runs over to continuous days from 9 am to 5 pm.
The content in the virtual course is the same as in the physical course. The only thing that differs is the format and the practical implementation.
The course consists of a virtual kick-off session, 2 virtual course days and a finalizing 2-hour session with sum-up and questions for examination.
At Mannaz we have plenty experience with virtual education, and the course is organized to make sure you get optimal output. The programme is therefore a combination of short presentations, interactive exercises in groups in virtual breakout rooms, discussions in the virtual plenum, several short breaks and a long lunch break.
Certification: SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
SAFe ’Exam’ should be taken within 30 days after the last course day. The course only includes one attempt for certification. Potential additional attempts should be acquired at Scaled Agile.
The exam is in English and is designed as a multiple choice, a so-called web-based “closed book” and has a time-limited certification.
The test becomes available through the SAFe Community Platform, and you will receive your login for the platform on the last course day. First, a test exam should be passed as preparation for the final exam. The test exam is very similar to the final test and can be taken continuously until passed. This is an indication of whether you can pass the final exam.
Both the test (quiz) and the final exam have 45 questions that must be answered within 90 minutes.
’Passing score’: 35 out of 45 questions (77% passing score)
You will meet one of the following instructors on the course:
Agile Transformation Coach, CSP, and SAFe Consultant, Finn Leander, is an instructor on the course. Finn has more than 15 years of experience with Lean-Agile transformations from larger companies within the financial sector including Danske Bank, Realkredit Danmark, Danica Pension, Fokus Bank (Norway), Northern Bank (Northern Ireland), National Irish Bank (Ireland), Sampo Bank (Finland) and Östgöta Enskilda Bank (Sweden). Besides this, Finn has facilitated agile workshops in Lithuania and distributed teams in India as well as agile processes in BEC, Topdanmark, Aarhus U, Jyske Bank, and Nordea.
He has over 10 years of experience as an Agile Transformation Coach & Trainer. Finn has worked with Scrum, Kanban, and Enterprise Business Agility, and in recent years has also worked with LeSS and SAFe®.
Thommas Grauballe Ottsen
Thommas Grauballe Ottsen is an accredited trainer in Scrum, PRINCE2®, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), as well as certified in Professional Agile Leadership (PAL I), IPMA B senior Project Manager and SAFe® Program Consultant.
Thommas has over 20 years of experience in management and project management in both traditional and agile methods. He has worked with product development, production maturation, and process optimization, as well as organizational changes in relation to both physical products and software development.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.