Project management – in theory and in practice
This course will provide you with a complete insight into and knowledge of the PRINCE2® method. You will complete an intensive programme that prepares you to take the Foundation and Practitioner exams.
With the PRINCE2® method, you will eliminate the risk of errors and failed projects and thereby increase the success rate of your projects.
Gain an insight into the PRINCE2® method and find out how a common language for project management promotes success.
The PRINCE2® Foundation & Practioner course provides you with best practice methods within project management as well as how to apply these methods to your projects.
Who takes part?
Project managers in private and public organisations. Some project experience is required as the course focuses on process-oriented project management according to the PRINCE2® method — not on specific tools for project management.
PRINCE2® is not a method that individual project managers choose to apply themselves. It is a general method, which the organisation can choose to follow in order to optimise project management. Hence, you may be involved in projects that are being conducted according to the PRINCE2® method, or you may collaborate with clients or suppliers who use the method.
On the course you will work on:
- Processes and sub-processes within the PRINCE2® method
- Planning, management and stages
- Quality project environment
- Change management
- Topics and principles of the PRINCE2® method
- Risk management
- Version management
- Tips and advice for the exam
PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner is the most professional programme I have ever experienced.
The PRINCE2® method
PRINCE2® is a best-practice project management method, which ensures that the project organisation is in place from project start and that management roles and responsibilities have been agreed upon and made visible. The method consists of a process model that serves to guide the project management through all the processes required to ensure that the project delivers the result, which will generate the expected benefits from a business point of view. The cornerstone of the method is hence the business benefit.
Benefits for you
- Knowledge of the PRINCE2® method
- Training in the practical application of the PRINCE2® method
- Insight into best practice
- The PRINCE2® Foundation exam and the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam
- Documentation of competences through the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exams
Benefits for your company
- A project manager who is certified as a PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner
- Projects will be based on the PRINCE2® method
- Flawless projects that increase business success
Read more and learn how investing in project management can secure the future of your businessRead the article
After PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner I am looking forward to practicing the PRINCE2® discipline in my projects. Even though I had some knowledge of the PRINCE2® concepts, I learned a lot, but I would particularly emphasise the end product concept, change management and approval criteria. I highly recommend this course to others.
Eltel Networks A/S
The price includes
Before the course
- 40—50 hours of preparatory work (the PRINCE2® manual and the test exam will be sent out approx. 4—6 weeks prior to the course)
During the course
- Five days of instruction – 31.5 hours of instruction
- One facilitator
- Log for your personal notes
- All meals (for face-to-face courses)
- Course material
- Access to MyProject (in Danish) — the Project Manager’s virtual toolbox
- The official PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner certification examinations
After the course
- Letter of course attendance (on demand)
- Official PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner certificates (upon passed exam)
Practical learning method
This programme is a five-day non-residential course that includes preparatory work before the course and in the evenings during the course itself.
On the first days of the course, we will review the PRINCE2® theory and you will practice answering exam questions individually and in groups. We will be using various engaging forms of instruction during the course to ensure variety and optimal learning.
Mannaz is an accredited PRINCE2® training organisation (ATO) approved by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS who administers PRINCE2®. All course material is also accredited by PeopleCert. The course and the exam will be conducted in English.
5 days + preparation before the course | 21.900 DKK
The exams will be invigilated by one of our experienced and competent PRINCE2® facilitators, who use great presentation, variety and commitment to make the material interesting, vibrant and relevant.
All facilitators are accredited by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited used under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
PMI®, PMP®, and PMBOK® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
On the penultimate day of the course, you will take the Foundation exam, and on the final day, you will take the Practitioner exam. Unless you are IPMA® A, B, C or D certified or PMI® PMP or CAPM certified, you must have passed the Foundation exam in order to take the Practitioner exam. If, contrary to expectation, you do not pass the Foundation exam, you will be given one more chance to take it either in the evening or the following morning.
If you pass both exams, you will receive electronic certificates for PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner directly from PeopleCert.
The Foundation examination
- Multiple choice questions
- 60 questions per paper
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass: 55%
- One hour’s (60 minutes) duration
- Closed book
The facilitator will let you know if you’ve passed shortly after the exam.
If you passed your exam, you will receive your official PRINCE2® Foundation certificate electronically directly from PeopleCert.
The Practitioner examination
- Objective testing
- 68 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 68 available): approximately 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, if English is your native language; 3 hours and 8 minutes (188 minutes) duration, if English is not your native language, no additional reading time
- Open book. Candidates are permitted to use the official printed hard copy of the Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 2017 Edition. The official manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
If you pass the exam, you will receive an electronic PRINCE2® Practitioner certificate directly from PeopleCert.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as whether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you want to focus on your development as, for example, a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme or education with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.