SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
Aligning your strategy with execution - based on the most frequent version 5.1 of SAFeShare Print
SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management is an interactive 2-day course that can include an optional 1-day Getting Started with LPM workshop.
This course will give you the necessary practical tools as well as techniques to implement the LPM functions of strategy and investment funding, agile portfolio operations, and Lean governance.
You’ll have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of your portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool, allowing you to identify important business initiatives to achieve the portfolio vision. You’ll learn how to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritise Epics to ensure maximum economic benefit. The course also gives insights into how you can establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
Benefits for you:
- Describing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connecting the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establishing the Portfolio Vision
- Implementing Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establishing flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Supporting operational excellence with agile PMO as well as CoPs
- Coordinating value streams
- Measuring the LPM performance
- Building a plan for LPM implementation
You will be able to:
- Introduce Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establish strategy and investment funding
- Apply Agile Portfolio Operations
- Apply Lean Governance
- Implement the LPM function
Who can participate?
- Executives and leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers as well as Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs as well as Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
Though everyone is welcome to take part in the course, the following experience is beneficial and will make the training more productive:
- being familiar with agile concepts and principles
- having attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- having experience of working in a SAFe environment.
Participants who pass the exam for certification will receive:
- A SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- A SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge that will promote your accomplishment online
- 1-year certified membership as a SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager. This includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- The SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a number of learning resources that support certified professionals throughout their SAFe journey
- Membership renewals are 1 year from the date of certification
- Renewal Fee: $295
Tomas Eilsø is an agile coach and consultant. He spends most of his time guiding large organisations to get the maximum benefits of agile principles, using different scaling approaches such as the Scaled Agile Framework. Similar to Jeff Sutherland who got inspired to create Scrum from his experience with high-performance teams as a fighter pilot, Tomas also flew as an F-16 fighter pilot for 6 years. Additionally, Tomas is an entrepreneur and has started several successful technology start-ups. One of these currently builds the next generation combat flight simulators for the Danish Airforce, using agile principles, naturally.
This course is powered by Bestbrains Academy & Mannaz
When you sign up for this course, Mannaz handles your registration, while the course execution will be managed by BestBrains Academy.
Your name, e-mail and telephone number will be passed on to BestBrains Academy. The contact information is used exclusively in connection with the course.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.