Getting started as a new leader
Practice your leadership skills in a safe environment with the Introduction to Leadership course. You can get answers to some of the basic questions about being a new leader.
- How do you get a good start?
- What tools do you need?
- What are your strengths as a leader?
- How do you receive and give feedback?
- How do you understand your own and others’ response patterns better?
- How can you deal with the specific leadership challenges you face?
Introduction to Leadership will introduce you to the basic theory and tools, as well as insights into the challenges you can expect in your new role as a leader.
Who should take part?
This course is for you if you’re moving onto your first leadership position, or if you’ve worked as a leader for a maximum of 6 months.
Your new role as a leader is a leap in your career that offers many new and exciting challenges – academic, personal and managerial. But it places demands on your capabilities. So, you want to prepare yourself for the responsibilities and requirements that the leadership role entails.
The course is also relevant if you’re not yet in a leadership role, but would like to clarify whether this move is right for you.
On the course you will work on:
- Your personal qualifications and expectations in relation to the leadership role
- Constructive and forward-looking peer feedback from coaches and other participants
- Theory connected directly to the practical training
- Case exercises, using your own examples based on your specific challenges
- Basic theory in relation to the leadership role
- Identification of your strengths and your areas of development, so that you know what to focus on for your development.
Benefits for you
- Thorough personal and professional preparation for your new role as a leader
- Training in practical leadership in a safe environment
- Increased knowledge of basic theory about the leadership role
- Feedback and experience sharing, which prepares you for the leadership role
- Identifying your strengths and your areas of development
Benefits for your company
- A leader who quickly fills their new role
- A leader with the fundamental leadership competencies
- A leader with insight into the patterns of response and relationships between people
- A leader with greater insight and understanding of the professional and personal challenges that are associated with being new to the leadership role
Practical learning method
In your leadership role, you must meet professional goals, while also achieving personal goals for yourself and your employees. As a leader, you’ll face new and challenging situations every day. This course will give you practice in situations that may arise in this new role.
The leadership role differs from organisation to organisation. But a feature common to most leaders is that they need to create results through other people. So, it’s important to work on relationships between people. During this course, you will work on your own and other people’s reaction patterns.
Besides the practical approach through training, you will also gain a theoretical foundation. Much of the theory will be gained through case training, where theory will be linked directly to the practical training.
The training takes place in groups of no more than 8 participants for each teacher.
Feedback from instructors and other participants is an important part of the course. Since all participants are new to the leadership role or interested in the basic skills of leadership, the feedback and exchange of experience during the course will come from peers and will be constructive and forward-looking.
The price includes:
Before the course
- Short questionnaire about what you expect from Introduction to Leadership
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test
During the course
- 3 course days (25 lessons)
- 1 instructor for each class
- all meals included
- logbook for your personal notes
- course material with relevant theory and exercises
- feedback session on your strengths and development areas
After the course
- Course certificate
- Follow-up by Mannaz in relation to your areas of development, 6 months after the course
To prepare for this leadership course, you must collect feedback from your own organisation on your strengths and areas of development in relation to leadership.
During the course itself, you’ll be using this knowledge about yourself in relation to the theory you’re working with. Also, you’ll receive valuable input to your training on the course.
Your teachers will be a team of business psychologists with broad practical and theoretical experience in the field of leadership. So, you’ll be learning from people with great insight into organisational, managerial and psychological issues.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as whether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you want to focus on your development as, for example, a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme or education with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.