Getting started as a new leader
Introduction to Leadership is for you, if you want to practice your leadership skills in a safe environment, while you are also getting answers to some of the basic questions related to being a new leader: How do you get a good start? What tools do you need? What are your strengths as a leader? How do you receive and give feedback? How do you understand better your own and others’ response patterns, and how can you deal with the specific leadership challenges you face?
Introduction to Leadership is a leadership course that provides an introduction to the basic theory, tools and insights into the leadership challenges that come with your new role as a leader.
Who should take part?
This leadership course is for those of you who are moving on to your first leadership position, or who have worked as a leader for a maximum of 6 months. Your new role as a leader is a leap in your career that offers many new and exciting challenges – academic, personal and managerial. But it places demands on your capabilities. Therefore, you will wish to prepare yourself for the responsibilities and requirements that the leadership role entails.
The course is also relevant if you still do not have a leadership role, but you would like to clarify whether a leadership position is for you.
On the course you will work on:
- Your personal qualifications and expectations in relation to the leadership role
- Constructive and forward-looking peer feedback from coaches and other participants
- Theory connected directly to the practical training
- Case exercises using your own cases based on your specific challenges
- Basic theory in relation to the leadership role
- Identification of your strengths and your areas of development, so that you know what to focus on in relation to your development going forward
Benefits for you
- Thorough personal and professional preparation for your new role as a leader
- Training in practical leadership “in a safe environment “
- Increased knowledge of basic theory in relation to the leadership role
- Feedback and experience sharing, which prepares you for the leadership role
- Identifying your strengths and your areas of development
Benefits for your company
- A leader who quickly fills in his/her new role
- A leader who possesses the fundamental leadership competencies
- A leader who has insight into the patterns of response and relationships between people
- A leader with greater insight and understanding of the professional and personal challenges that are associated with being new to the leadership role
Practical learning method
In your leadership role, you must not only meet professional goals but also achieve personal goals for yourself and your employees. Therefore, as a leader, you will face new challenging situations every day. During this course, you will practice situations that may arise in your role as a leader.
The leadership role differs from organization to organization. But a feature common to most leaders is that they need to create results through other people. Therefore, it is important to work on relationships between people. During this course, you will work on your own and other people’s reaction patterns.
Besides the practical approach through training, you will also gain a theoretical foundation. The major part of the theory you will gain through case training, where theory will be linked directly to the practical training.
The training takes place in groups of max. 8 participants per group for each teacher.
An important part of the course is based on feedback from both instructors and other participants. Since all participants are new to the leadership role or interested in basic skills of leadership, the feedback and exchange of experience during the course will come from peers and will be constructive and forward-looking.
The price includes:
Before the course
- Short questionnaire about what you expect from Introduction to Leadership
- MBTI 1 test
During the course
- 3 course days (25 lessons)
- 1 instructor for each class
- All meals included
- Log book for your personal notes
- Course material with relevant theory and exercises
- Feedback session on your strengths and development areas
After the course
- Course certificate
- Follow-up in relation to your areas of development from Mannaz 6 months after the course
In preparation for this leadership course, you must collect feedback from your own organization on your strengths and areas of development in relation to leadership. During the the course itself, you will be using this knowledge about yourself in relation to the theory that you will be working with. Also, your will receive valuable input to your training on the course.
The teaching will be conducted by a team of business psychologists with broad practical and theoretical experience in the field of leadership. Therefore, you will meet teachers who have great insight into organizational, managerial and psychological issues.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as wether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you wish to work focused on your development as e.g. a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme or education with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
Hvis du ønsker at komme på venteliste så udfyld felterne herunder. Vi kontakter dig hvis der kommer en ledig plads på kurset.