Learn to communicate more effectively and attentively
When you communicate well with others, you don’t think about it. However, you can always tell when it doesn’t go well. Perhaps you sometimes get frustrated that others misunderstand you when you communicate. If that’s the case, it’s worth remembering that it’s not what you say that decides the message – it’s what your recipient hears and sees you communicate.
On this intensive two-day course you will learn how to practise effective communication and attentive dialogue. You will become better at communicating through “the right channel” and having contact-creating behaviours that are inclusive rather than exclusive.
Who takes part?
Anyone who wants to clarify and understand their own communication. You know that your communication is not always perceived the way you want it to be, but maybe you don’t know exactly what can be improved.
You’ll benefit from this course, regardless of your professional background, area of responsibility or organisational position. On the course, you’ll meet different people with different backgrounds. This will help give you a better understanding and tolerance of others.
On the course you will work on:
- Communication theories
- Training yourself in having a dialogue
- Questioning techniques
- Gaining a more in-depth knowledge of your communication skills
You will improve your skills in the following areas:
- Gaining greater impact and learning to communicate so that others understand your message
- Learning to manage a dialogue and move it in the direction you want
- Learning to tackle resistance during a dialogue
- Tailoring your communication to the situation
- Gaining an insight into your own behaviour and understanding the psychological mechanisms of your communication
Benefits for your company
- Clear external and internal communication
- Communication that is adjusted according to the purpose
- Better handling of difficult dialogues
Learn how to improve your presentation skills and how to create compelling content when speaking in front of othersRead the article
Attend our courses safely
You can attend all courses, training and workshops physically, in person, in smaller Covid-safe groups.
We’re following these measures to ensure your safety:
- There’ll be a maximum of 25 people in addition to the instructor at each course.
- Everyone must show a valid “Corona passport” – a negative Corona test that is a maximum of 72 hours old.
- Masks must be worn when moving outside the classroom.
- Courses take place in large classrooms with a minimum distance of 1 metre between each chair.
- Lunch is served in pre-prepared portions.
- The classroom is thoroughly cleaned.
Watch the video below (Danish video with English subtitles), where one of our instructors talks about the measures.
Our guidelines were last updated on May 6th 2021. Read more about our current guidelines for COVID-19
Practical learning method
Employing a close interplay between theory and exercises, the course aims to provide participants with a holistic understanding of everyday communication dilemmas.
Afterwards, we’ll work on bringing theory to practice, reflecting on: “How can I use the new insights at work?” We’ll practise various situations from your everyday life, so that you can transfer your new learning into your reality.
During the course you’ll work actively on developing your communication skills and your understanding of the relationship between content and process during the course of communication. You will be introduced to communication theories about daily communication and presentation.
The course is experience oriented rather than theory intensive, because “Nothing is as practical as good theory – but it has to be lived out!” (Facilitator Torben Frilund).
The course focuses on active involvement by you and the other participants. So we’ll alternate between demos, exercises, creative input, walk and talk and group work.
Valuable group work
The group work will help bring about a high degree of confidentiality and intensity. You’ll use the group as a reflecting team where you will be doing cases and other practical training. The group will be supportive and provide feedback.
During the course you’ll receive personal coaching from the facilitator based on an issue selected by you. The coaching will take place in your group.
The price includes:
Before the course
During the course
- Two days of facilitation
- Day 1: 10:00 – 20:00
- Day 2: 8:00 – 16:00
- One night of accommodation
- All meals
- One facilitator
- Course material with compendium and log for your personal notes
- Individual training and feedback from participants and facilitators
After the course
- Course certificate
Previous participants particularly liked:
- The personal coaching sessions with input from the facilitator
- Listening to and learning from the individual coaching sessions taking place in their working groups
- The exercises in various question types
Natasha Swerdloff has worked with personal development for more than 20 years and has been associated with Mannaz since 1998. Natascha works from the assumption that developing yourself personally is a significant aspect in every career. She creates a safe and confidential atmosphere between the participants which provides the best conditions to understand your usual habits. Based on this, you can continue working on your behaviour and learn how to use your personal skills and resources most effectively.
All our courses can be taught at your location. Internal courses have financial advantages and shared learning creates a sense of community within your organisation.
The course is taught for your company exclusively and so adapted to your wants and needs such as whether the course should be hosted virtually or physically.
If you want to focus on your development as, for example, a leader, project manager or even just your personal development, you have the option to complement your programme or education with coaching sessions.
Coaching is very individual, and we always have coaches with several years of practical experience within your field.
What is the greatest competitive advantage of any business? What is the most essential asset of any organisation?
We deliver courses, education and consulting services – all with an emphasis on people and their interactions in organisations.
If you wish to be on hold for this course and wait a vacant seat please fill in the fields below.