MSP® – Programme Management
Participate in this inspiring, effective learning course on programme management. Your professional practice will be substantially enhanced by this course, which focuses on strengthening your abilities to translate your learning into good practice in your own organisation. The time spent on preparation and facilitation is tailored and optimised to fit into your busy schedule.
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed in the UK over the past 15 years and is based on best practice. Today, it is the de facto standard within programme management. At the same time, MSP is the primary source of inspiration for the Government’s Programme Model.
Who can participate?
This course is aimed at individuals who are already familiar with project work and who will either be working as a programme manager or who are curious to learn how programme management can strengthen their organisation’s success and profit realisation from project work. It is not a prerequisite for participants to be working with programmes already.
During the course you will be working with:
- Principles and structures of Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
- Your ability to define goals and gains across a number of projects
- Your own ability, and your organisation’s ability, to effectively manage implementation and change Creating the most effective programme management in your company
- Enhancing your ability to translate what you have learned into good practice in your own organisation
You will improve your skills in the following areas:
- An inspiring and effective learning course on programme management
- Knowledge of and training in the application of principles and structures of Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
- Insight into programme management and how it can be applied to projects, as well as its particular strengths in the context of strategic change
- Translating learning into good practice in your own organisation Networking among participants
- Individual supervision through a constructive feedback meeting with a senior consultant who has several years of practical MSP experience
- The MSP® Foundation examination (upon passing the exam)
Benefits for your company
- The best-practice method, which is the de facto standard within programme management and the primary source of inspiration for the Government’s Programme Model
- Improved programme management
- Knowledge of MSP, which can be shared with the company
The price includes:
Before the course
- Invitation to a free two-hour meeting in Good Learning (in danish)
- Help with structuring and tips for an effective preparatory process
- Insight into Mannaz – Attractor’s practice and experience
During the course
- 3 days of facilitation
- All meals
- Course material (reading guide, MSP manual) MSP® Foundation examination
- Access to MyProject (in danish) - the Project Manager's virtual toolbox
After the course
- Course certificate (upon passing the examination)
The course is made up of three parts
Parts 1 and 3 each include a workshop and individual supervision. The two parts are part of the total learning course, which aims at strengthening your practice and relating what you have learned to your own tasks and responsibilities. Participation is optional and is not mandatory in order to pass MSP® Foundation.
Part 2 is the MSP® Foundation course itself and is two-and-a-half days long. The course ends with an examination and evaluation of the results, which will lead to formal MSP® Foundation certification.
Mannaz’ own comprehensive experience with MSP and programme management is actively incorporated into the programme, which is combined with the formal exam, so that theory meets practice – which is the best approach from the point of view of gaining practical experience.
All facilitation is in English to strengthen participants’ conceptual knowledge prior to the exam, which is not available in Danish.
In order to gain optimum benefit from the course, you are required to familiarise yourself with the material PRIOR to the course.
Please note that the first and second days of the course are long and that you should expect to spend approx. two hours in the evenings on assignments and preparatory work for the following day.
Part 1 – Pre-course workshop
(approx. two weeks prior to the Foundation course)
Duration: three hours
- Structuring and tips for effective preparation
- Practice and experience
- Networking among participants
- To present programme management and how it can be applied to projects, as well as its particular strengths in the context of strategic change
- To ensure that the participants’ preparation is targeted and effective
- To allow for questions and reflection prior to meeting concrete learning goals
Part 2 – MSP® Foundation course
- Two-and-a-half-day course with final exam and result evaluation
- All facilitation will take place between 9.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. on the first two days and from 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on the third day
- To train and build knowledge and understanding of MSP, so that participants reach a level that meets the requirements of the MSP® Foundation
Part 3 – Individual supervision
(approx. 3–5 weeks after the Foundation course)
Duration: two hours
- Individual supervision through a constructive feedback meeting with a senior consultant who has several years of MSP experience
- To follow up on each participant’s experience in translating and applying the MSP principles in their own organisation and practice. Among other things, participants will receive feedback and support on how to enhance the practical application of their learning
On this course you will meet experienced facilitators and consultants with practical experience in programme management.