Coaching Training Programme – ICF accredited
Getting started as a coach
Our programme is aimed at professionals wishing to gain valuable coaching skills to benefit their organisation. The programme is highly experiential and grounded in the latest coaching theory. Throughout the six-month journey, you will have 67.5 hours of facilitated learning in both a face to face environment and through virtual webinars.
You will have the opportunity to practice your newly acquired skills in the supportive environment of your cohort and explore coaching in a practical way back in your work place. You will leave the programme having gained solid coaching skills and confidence in your abilities allowing you to bring the full impact of coaching back into their organisations.
This coaching training programme is for you if you are in a business and want to use coaching as a key part of your management/leadership role or if you are stepping into an internal coaching role. You do not need any prior experience in coaching to enroll on this programme.
On the programme you will:
- Explore core coaching principles and the foundational skills of coaching including listening
- Master speaking with clarity through practical exercises, feedback, permission, acknowledgement and questions.
- Develop understanding of models that support critical elements of coaching such as agreements, ethics and mental health.
- Deepen your understanding of how neuroscience underpins great coaching skills and develop your own presence as a coach by increasing self-awareness
- Explore the differences of team and performance development coaching.
- Ability to initiate and progress with a formal or informal coaching package as part of your in-role activities.
- Full understanding of core coaching competencies
- Awareness of coaching ethics according to the International Coaching Federation
- Knowledge of coaching models for running effective sessions
- The coaching training required towards your ACC Certification with the International Coaching Federation
- A leader who is able to support teams and individuals in being more impactful in their roles
- A leader who is able to help anchor company changes through coaching
- A leader who can help drive and embed a coaching culture within the company
The price includes:
- ICF certified facilitators
- All course material
- Small groups with 1:1 coaching support
- Lunch, refreshments and snacks during in-person sessions
- Feedback on your areas of strength and development
- Programme certificate confirming your ICF training hours
Practical completion of programme
Detailed introduction to the programme and a discussion on coaching in the leadership landscape.
Module 1 - 3 day face to face workshop (includes daily coaching practice)
Day 1: Explore coaching core principles and the foundational skills of coaching including listening.
Day 2: Master speaking with clarity through practical exercise, feedback, permission, acknowledgement and questions. Introduction to the Coaching Conversation Cycle.
Day 3: Understand the structure for coaching conversations and introduction to SMARTER and PURE goals.
*There will be overnight assignments on Day 1 and Day 2
You will leave this first module ready to go out and coach. You will have a “coaching buddy” to practice with on a regular basis and observation feedback to work on. You will coach internally as part of your in-role practice and also have an assignment to complete prior to Module 2.
Module 2 - 2 x 90 minute webinars
Webinar 1: Introduction to formal coaching – Explore elements of a formal coaching series or engagement, including the introduction or chemistry session. Time is also allocated for participants to ask questions and share how their in-role coaching practice is progressing.
Webinar 2: Introduction to accelerator sessions – You will discover how to anchor a coaching package within the structure of a series of regular individual coaching conversations. Time is also allocated for participants to ask questions and share how their in-role coaching practice is progressing.
You will leave this module being able to initiate and progress with a formal or informal coaching package as part of your in-role activities.
Module 3 - 3 day face to face workshop (includes daily coaching practice)
Day 1: Develop understanding of models that support critical elements of coaching such as agreements, ethics and mental health. The science and art of goal setting and goal generation within a coaching engagement.
Day 2: Deepen your understanding of how neuroscience underpins great coaching skills and develop your own presence as a coach by increasing self-awareness. Working with processes of change and how to enable the optimal coaching conditions for effective and sustainable change to occur.
Day 3: Explore the differences of team and performance development coaching. Learn how to complete a formal coaching series and refine your skills as a successful Coaching Leader in your organisation as we explore formal feedback tools, developing coaching cultures within organisation and establishing ROI.
You will leave this module with the coaching skills and the confidence required to create meaningful impact back in your organisation.
Module 4 - 2 x 60 minute webinars
Webinar 3 & 4 – Establish your success as a Coaching Leader through focused supervision and support in terms of your ongoing development using coaching skills.
You leave this module feeling supported as you engage more deeply and broadly into coaching within your organisation.
Tracy Sinclair, PCC. Tracy is an experienced coach, coach trainer, coach supervisor, mentor and assessor and has been facilitating coaching programmes for over 10 years. She has also designed and delivered leadership development initiatives for over 20 years and supports organisations in developing congruent leadership cultures through the adoption of coaching principles and philosophies. Tracy’s coaching experience includes working with senior and Board level Executives in many multinational organisations as well as coaching leaders as part of their professional development programmes in organisations across the globe. Tracy currently serves as an ICF Global Board Director, she held the position of Secretary/Treasurer for 2017 and is the newly elected Global Chair of the ICF for 2018.
Christine Dandy, PCC, CPCC. Christine is passionate about coaching and believes that coaching is a highly effective leadership skill which creates positive impact in organisations. Christine’s coaching experience includes working as a lead coach at London Business School for the Executive MBA programme, running her own coaching practice, and teaching coaching skills through Mannaz leadership programmes. Christine has coached mid-level managers to C-suite executives. Christine has coached in London, Dubai and Hong Kong. Christine is accredited through the Coaches Training Institute and the International Coaching Federation.