We approach effective leadership development from the actual real life-real time business situation of the individual and the organisation.
We study strategic, human resources and personal goals to find a way to co-create meaningful and effective development processes that will make the organisation capable of reaching these goals.
Mannaz’s solutions do not rely on one fixed model for effective leadership or project management for you to learn and apply. We base our work on where you and your organisation want to go. Then we use every tool we have as well as all available knowledge to support you in getting there.
Many different learning approaches and methods are at our disposal and whether a tool or method is brought into play depends on each client’s specific training needs as well as preferred methods and systems. Whichever tools you prefer – we are comfortable using them.
In a nutshell, the content of our leadership development programmes is:
- Based on your strategic goals and the personal needs of your staff
- Created in cooperation with you
- A flexible application of leading edge tools and methodologies
A Mannaz solution is designed with you in a process we call co-creation. Co-creation and dialogue with our clients serve to ensure truly bespoke leadership development and project management interventions relevant for the business and individuals.
It is our experience that this is the most effective way to assist our clients in real value creation.
We apply a collaborative approach that has proven to be an efficient, ownership generating process for designing solutions to meet the defined success criteria. Our first step is to agree on the design of the co-creation process, taking into account the resources and expertise you have internally, and other external partners you choose to involve.
Impact measurement criteria
Our goal is to create initiatives that are fully in line with your culture, business strategies, HR processes, competency model and more depending on your specific need. This may include understanding any other learning initiatives you have carried out, and any third party tools or concepts you wish to continue to use, to ensure that we leverage anything done in the past and avoid duplication.
The approach involves deep diagnostics with key stakeholders, the participating managers and their responsible executive leadership group as well as human resources staff and prospective participants’ staff, from the very start. It translates overall business and leadership drivers directly into programme process and focus.
Through this approach we gain insight into your business strategy and challenges, allowing us to focus future efforts where they provide the greatest return on investment.
Mannaz people are known for their sharp intellect and diplomacy skills – a combination that brings out the real challenges in the organisation without confrontation and negativity. Based on these challenges they apply their considerable design capabilities to the task of designing the best possible learning and development solution, for immediate and measurable impact.
Involving the team
A Mannaz learning solution has impact beyond the individual participant. When we design a solution with and for clients, we aim to improve not only the individual participants’ performance but that of their team as well. This allows for long term systemic change. We know that this is what our clients appreciate. Our clients find great value in our solutions and show long-term commitment to Mannaz. We know this from our 2011 independently run survey, where the client loyalty rate was 86 of 100.
We engage the broader organisation through participant’s managers and even project team members taking part in development and evaluation processes. While we are carrying out our intervention, we enhance collaboration with team, manager and peers over the real life-real time tasks and challenges that are the cornerstone of our programmes.
With our engaging and anchored development solutions we enable project managers’ achievement. Mannaz helps participants to move beyond management and coordination, to acquire execution and leadership competencies that support business performance and employee engagement.
Learning the Mannaz Way is a set of principles that express our beliefs in how learning effectively and ethically leads to improved and sustained personal and organisational performance.
These principles have been developed by Mannaz through more than 30 years, and are based on tested and documented theories. The principles support a learning process with room for confidentiality,
openness, mutual respect and trust.
Mannaz Learning Principles
The Mannaz Learning Principles are based on our basic belief that learning should be learner driven. This reflects our Scandinavian roots in executive learning and means that the learners themselves are in command of the learning process. Our role is to enable learners to effectively improve performance by applying a set of principles when setting the learning platform
- Real life and real time: The starting point for individual’s learning is their own current reality, needs and challenges. We believe this starting point provides the highest relevance for the learner and therefore the learner will experience the highest motivation to apply the learning in real life.
- Taking action: When learners are responsible for taking action, learning becomes a commitment. We believe that “learning by doing” is the most effective way of learning. This means that the learner takes action prior to, during and after learning interventions to create the highest level of commitment and impact during the entire learning process and not just during the intervention.
- Challenging: We believe that by being challenged on basic assumptions and by stretching the boundaries of their comfort zone individuals become more attentive to the learning process. That leads to higher sustained learning.
- Reflecting: We believe that only when learning is reflected upon properly will the learner realize the full potential of the learning outcome. Reflection helps the learner to understand the underlying premises and complexity. We use theory and best practices as the foundation for guided reflections.
- Variation: We believe that learning processes are most effective when varied and dynamic. Learning should be fun and energizing. When learning methods are varied it allows us to meet the needs of different learning styles and to ensure that learning does not get dull.
- Equal dialogue: We believe that an equal dialogue is the best foundation for an effective exchange of insights. By equal dialogue we mean that both the learner and the facilitator are into the learning process on an equal footing based on mutual respect. Both contribute to the learning process.
Mannaz Design for Impact Principles
When we design development processes we aim at achieving the highest sustainable impact on both the learners’ and the organisations’ immediate and long term performance by applying the following principles and beliefs:
- Fully customised: We believe all individuals and organisations are unique and thus learning initiatives need to be customised to be the most effective.
- Co-designed: We believe individuals and organisations know best their needs, challenges and aspirations which is why we co-design effective learning processes in a partnership.
- Just-in-time learning: We design learning processes to address real life and real time needs of both individuals and their organisations.
- 3-phase process: We design learning processes for achieving highest impact by thoroughly considering three equally important phases: The preparation phase, the intervention phase and the follow up phase.
- 70/20/10: We believe that high impact learning initiates should apply the principle that 70% of learning takes place on the job, 20% in a facilitated setting, and 10% is about acquiring new theory.
- Stakeholder anchored: We believe that getting full buy-in from the learners and from their influential stakeholders, e.g. their boss and their team, is required in order to achieve the highest impact.
- Stakeholder involvement: We believe that learning should take place within the learners’ holistic environment, including all of their influential stakeholder in order to achieve the highest impact.
- Strategy driven: At the strategic level we believe that learning should be in full harmony and in full support of strategic business drivers in order to achieve the highest impact.
- Top anchored: At the strategic level we believe that learning should be fully endorsed by those responsible for the strategy in order to achieve the highest impact.
- Operations anchored: At the operational level we believe learning should be in harmony with, and fully supported by, current business processes in order to achieve the highest impact.
Mannaz Ethical Learning Principles
When we take responsibility for learning processes we behave according to the following:
- Equal partners: We respect the learner as an equal partner in the learning process.
- Free choice: We respect individuals for having their free choice to participate in a learning process.
- Validated theory: We base learning on validated and documented theory.
- Positive intentions: We encourage learning based on the best positive intentions for individuals and their organisation.
- Trust, openness and honesty: We base learning on the highest levels of trust, openness and honesty
- Full confidentiality: We respect full confidentiality at all levels at all times.
- Holistic approach: We take a holistic approach to learning. We consider the full context of any individual when in a learning process
The Mannaz Way
All Mannaz solutions are characterised by being:
Flexible and business driven
A Mannaz solution is designed for you and with you. We call it co-creation.
Immediate and measurable impact
Our solutions are based on real life-real time learning with integrated performance improvements and pre-defined improvement metrics.
Global and efficient
Our reach is global through local representation. Our learning processes and tools integrate development in daily tasks.
Engaging and anchored
Solutions delivered by Mannaz are designed to engage individual participants as well as the broader organisation.
Our approach has grown from our deeply rooted values. In Mannaz we are:
Value adding – Our solutions have real impact!
Innovative – We challenge the existing and find new ways
Reliable – We deliver high quality every time
Insightful – We listen to others and understand their situation
Committed – Our solutions create energy and job satisfaction
For more than 30 years, Mannaz has been a frontrunner in executive learning, leadership development and project management. What we have learned over these three decades defines who we are and how we work.
We know that we need to base everything we offer on improving performance immediately in line with the strategic goals of our client’s business. We know that results have to come quickly. We know that real life-real time based learning creates immediate results. We know we have to be, where our clients need us, when they need us. We know the only way to lasting impact is through engaging both learners and their colleagues and managers.